Thursday, January 6, 2011

Yazzoo Directory

The first thing that comes to mind for me in the Yazzoo Directory is Yahoo! :) That is partially because I have a directory (not well maintained) called Directhoo.

The layout is very clear and easy to follow and there is a nice Welcome to Yazzoo right on the homepage. It gives you a comfortable feeling from the start. Once I get past that, I am not sure what to do next. I think a nice graphic or an article with a catchy title would be nice to capture the user's attention.

One feature that I didn't know about until I got to the submit page was the availability of social bookmarking links. This is hot stuff right now, and I bet people over on the Warrior Forum might be into directories like this (among other places). I think it would be good to do something to highlight this on the homepage of the site. It is an important feature.

It would be nice if the homepage logo linked to the homepage. That was what I clicked from the submit page to get back, and it "no worky". :)

With some graphics and highlighting some of the key features, I think this site could do well. It would also be interesting to see if there is some area of content that could be developed so that people would start to read a section of it regularly, and maybe even integrate Disqus.

Good Luck! Nice look and plenty of potential here.

No comments: