Thursday, January 6, 2011

Big Beautiful Directory

The Big Beautiful Directory was first reviewed on the phpLD site back in November of 2009. It is a beautiful site that pops out content that you want to view from page one. Now if you are a woman or a man viewing these lingerie model images on page one, I bet one of the most common user behaviors is to click on those images.

Guess what happens when I click? Nothing! My advice would be to have those images lead to something (almost anything on the site). This would probably cut the bounce rate down by 30%.

Good to see they are using thumbnails for sites. This I expect would be important on a site like this and very valuable to the users submitting their listings.

I'm glad to see Google Friend Connect (just connected) and Twitter (just followed) being used. These will become even more important in 2011 as the social battle comes into full war with Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Not sure if this is common but the submit page took a little time for me to load, so might want to check that. I don't like the Free with Reciprocal option if that can be avoided. I think it can attract links that could hurt your rankings over time.

Overall, I was more critical because this is a beautiful site that has a lot of potential, and I hope you will keep making it better!

No comments: