Thursday, December 23, 2010

I-dio Free Web Directory

The I-dio link directory that appears to have over 100,000 links. Looking at it today (dec. 23, 2010), I can see there 373 links added. I'm not sure how they are adding so many, but it seems they are hanging on to a pagerank 4 homepage. The Alexa rank isn't bad either at 23,210.

I tried submitting a link just now and it was not "auto approved" so it appears they have some editorial standards. They did require email confirmation, so that surely cuts down on some spam.

The screenshot provider is not working, so they may need some other solution like the screenshot processor. Many thumbshot providers come and go, so making your own can be a more permanent solution.

The appear to be running phpLD 4.0 and are using the Lusty Sky template.

I think what is most impressive is the size of this directory, and as more data processing technologies start to become available to directory owners, I think this directory can be taken to an entirely new level!


1 comment:

Anne via Mallorys Tocino said...

As a dedicated supporter of phpld, I was excited to view a site so large, but it seems the site is having some issues at the moment. I will be back soon, to see if it is up and running. thanks for your interesting and useful blog.